LG mini-split air conditioning systems are known for their efficiency and cooling capabilities. However, like any complex machine, they can encounter issues from time to time. LG has incorporated a diagnostic feature into their mini-split systems that display error codes to help users identify and resolve problems. In this guide, we will explore common LG mini-split error codes and their meanings, along with troubleshooting steps to address these issues.
Understanding LG Mini Split Error Codes
When you encounter an error code on your LG mini-split system, follow these general troubleshooting steps:
- Power Cycle: Turn off the unit and unplug it for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve minor issues.
- Check for Obstructions: Ensure there are no obstructions around the indoor and outdoor units that may restrict airflow.
- Clean the Filters: Dirty filters can affect the system’s performance. Clean or replace filters regularly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inspect Wiring: Carefully examine the wiring connections between the indoor and outdoor units. Ensure they are secure and undamaged.
- Temperature Sensors: If the error code relates to temperature sensors, check their placement and wiring. Replace them if they appear faulty.
- Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause cooling problems. Consult a professional technician to check and refill refrigerant as needed.
- Professional Assistance: If the issue persists after attempting these troubleshooting steps, it’s best to contact a certified technician with experience in LG mini-split systems. They can diagnose and repair more complex problems.
LG Mini Split Error Codes
|E1||Communication Error||Poor connection or damaged wiring||Check wiring connections|
|E2||High-Pressure Error||Excessive refrigerant pressure||Inspect for refrigerant leaks|
|E3||Low-Pressure Error||Insufficient refrigerant pressure||Check for refrigerant charge|
|E4||Inverter Comms Error||Communication issue with the inverter||Inspect inverter connections|
|E5||Room Temperature Sensor Error||Faulty room temperature sensor||Replace the sensor|
|E6||Indoor Fan Motor Error||Indoor fan motor malfunction||Check the motor and wiring|
|E7||Outdoor Fan Motor Error||Outdoor fan motor malfunction||Check the motor and wiring|
|E8||Water Drain Error||Water drainage issue||Clear clogs and check drainage|
|E9||EEPROM Error||Memory chip error||Replace the memory chip|
|E10||Discharge Temperature Error||High discharge temperature||Check for airflow restrictions|
|E11||Communication Error||Communication issue with the outdoor unit||Check communication wiring|
|E12||Inverter Error||Inverter malfunction||Inspect the inverter|
|E13||Indoor PCB Error||Indoor PCB malfunction||Check and replace the PCB|
|E14||Outdoor PCB Error||Outdoor PCB malfunction||Check and replace the PCB|
|E15||DC Comms Error||DC communication error||Check DC wiring and connections|
|E16||Inverter Comms Error||Communication issue with inverter||Inspect inverter connections|
|E17||EEPROM Error||Memory chip error||Replace the memory chip|
|E18||Low Voltage Error||Low voltage supply||Check power supply voltage|
|E19||AC Voltage Error||High or low AC voltage||Check AC voltage levels|
|E20||EEPROM Copy Error||Memory chip copy error||Replace the memory chip|
|E21||CT Error||Current transformer error||Check current transformer|
|E22||DC Link Voltage Error||DC link voltage issue||Check DC voltage levels|
|E23||Compressor Temp Error||Compressor temperature error||Check compressor temperature|
|E24||IPM Error||IPM (Intelligent Power Module) error||Check and replace the IPM|
|E25||Inverter Temp Error||Inverter temperature error||Check inverter temperature|
|E26||PFC Temp Error||PFC (Power Factor Correction) temp error||Check PFC temperature|
|E27||Compressor Error||Compressor malfunction||Inspect and replace the compressor|
|E28||Comms Error||Communication issue||Check communication wiring|
|E29||EEPROM Error||Memory chip error||Replace the memory chip|
|E30||High Discharge Temp Error||Very high discharge temperature||Check for airflow restrictions|
|E31||CT2 Error||Current transformer 2 error||Check current transformer|
|E32||Discharge Pipe Temp Error||High discharge pipe temperature||Check for airflow restrictions|
|E33||Capillary Tube Temp Error||High capillary tube temperature||Check for refrigerant issues|
|E34||DC Voltage Error||DC voltage issue||Check DC voltage levels|
|E35||Discharge Temp Error||High discharge temperature||Check for airflow restrictions|
|E36||Outdoor Unit Fan Error||Outdoor unit fan malfunction||Check the fan motor and wiring|
|E37||High Current Error||High current supply||Check electrical connections|
|E38||Compressor Start Error||Compressor start error||Check compressor and connections|
|E39||EEPROM Error||Memory chip error||Replace the memory chip|
|E40||Power Factor Error||Low power factor||Check electrical connections|
|E41||Inverter Overcurrent Error||Inverter overcurrent||Check inverter and connections|
|E42||AC Current Sensor Error||AC current sensor malfunction||Check the sensor and wiring|
|E43||Fan Motor Error||Fan motor malfunction||Check the fan motor and wiring|
|E44||AC Voltage Sensor Error||AC voltage sensor malfunction||Check the sensor and wiring|
|E45||AC Comms Error||AC communication issue||Check AC communication wiring|
|E46||IPM Overcurrent Error||IPM overcurrent||Check the IPM and connections|
|E47||Inverter Temp Sensor Error||Inverter temperature sensor error||Check the sensor and wiring|
|E48||CT2 Error||Current transformer 2 error||Check current transformer|
|E49||Compressor Communication Error||Compressor communication issue||Check compressor wiring|
Additional Tips and Precautions for LG Mini Split Error Codes
While troubleshooting LG mini-split error codes, consider the following additional tips and precautions to ensure a safe and effective resolution:
- Read the User Manual: Always refer to your LG mini-split system’s user manual for specific error code meanings and troubleshooting instructions. LG often provides detailed guidance on resolving common issues.
- Safety First: Prioritize safety when working with your mini-split system. Turn off the power supply to the unit before attempting any troubleshooting or maintenance tasks. Use appropriate safety equipment and tools.
- Regular Maintenance: To prevent error codes and ensure the longevity of your mini-split system, adhere to a regular maintenance schedule. Clean or replace filters, clear debris from the outdoor unit, and inspect the system for signs of wear.
- Avoid DIY Refrigerant Work: Handling refrigerant is a specialized task that requires certification. If your error code suggests refrigerant-related issues, such as low levels or leaks, do not attempt to fix this yourself. Refrigerant work should be left to trained technicians to avoid safety hazards and environmental harm.
- Professional Servicing: While basic troubleshooting can resolve some issues, more complex problems, such as compressor or control board failures, require professional servicing. Attempting to repair these components without the necessary expertise may worsen the problem and void your warranty.
- Keep Records: Maintain a record of error codes, their occurrences, and any actions taken. This information can be valuable when discussing the issue with a technician or contacting LG customer support.
- Warranty Coverage: If your mini-split system is still under warranty, be aware that attempting repairs on your own might void the warranty. Check your warranty terms and contact LG for authorized service providers.
- Regularly Update Software: Some modern LG mini-split systems have firmware that can be updated to resolve certain issues. Check LG’s website or contact customer support to ensure your system has the latest software updates.
- Professional Maintenance Contracts: Consider signing up for a professional maintenance contract with an authorized LG service provider. They can perform routine maintenance and catch potential issues before they result in error codes or system failures.
In summary, addressing LG mini-split error codes involves a combination of understanding the error, following prescribed troubleshooting steps, and taking appropriate precautions. By staying informed, conducting regular maintenance, and seeking professional assistance when needed, you can ensure your LG mini-split system continues to provide efficient and reliable cooling and heating for your space.