Please find below all working Esxi default passwords:
|Default User name||Default password|
|root||Try following: |
|default root password||“PASSW0RD” (“0” = numeric zero).|
|ESXi 6.7 default root password||“P@ssw0rd” (“@” = at sign; “0” = numeric zero)|
|default root password||Blank|
|Model No||User name||password|
|ESXi 7||root||no password|
- Restart your ESX host.
- Press the space bar to prevent the server from immediately booting into VMware ESX when the GRUB screen appears.
- To choose only the Service Console, use the arrow keys
- In order to change the kernel arguments, press the a key (boot options).
- Write the word single, followed by a space, on the provided line.
- Enter the key. The server keeps starting up in single-user mode.
- Run the passwd command when prompted by a bash prompt, such as sh-2.05b#.
- To change the root user password, adhere to the prompts. See Changing an ESX Host Root Password for more details (1004659).
- Use the reboot command to restart the host when the password change has been successful, then let the ESX host boot normally.